Aadhar Card is one of the most important things for an Indian. UIDAI has made it mandatory for every Indian to get an Aadhar Card as soon as possible as it is going to be used for almost everything related to the government now. However, There are a lot of people who may have filled wrong information in their Aadhar Card mistakenly. In this article, We will talk about the best method for Aadhar Card Update and Aadhar Card Correction.
The Process to make changes to your Aadhar Card is really easy but a lengthy process. You can edit or update the following things:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
Address Change – To Update your Address, You need to have an electricity bill or any Official Bill, Ration Card or bank account statement of your correct address.
Name Change – To Change or Update your name, You need to provide an ID Proof like Driving License, Pan Card, Aadhar Card.
Mobile Number – It is quite easy to change or edit out your mobile number, You need to edit it online as well as at your nearest Aadhar Office.
Gender – If the gender printed on your Aadhar Card is wrong, You need to carry an ID Proof with your correct gender mentioned.
Date Of Birth – You need to have your Birth certificate or any other ID Proof with your correct Date of Birth mentioned.
Note: You cannot Change your Fingerprint and Iris details which are taken at the time of registration for an Aadhar Card.
Aadhar Card Correction Online – Step by Step
- Turn Your PC on and Open your web browser.
- Now, Head over to the Official Aadhar SSUP Portal.
- Enter your Aadhar Card Number and wait for the OTP to arrive at the contact number linked to your Aadhar Card.
- Enter the Captcha (This is required to show that you are not a robot)
- Enter the One-Time-Password Received.
- Click on next and make all the necessary changes you want to make.
- Upload all the required documents, Make Sure you upload a clear copy where each and every information is clearly visible.
- You will get URN Number. Make sure to note it somewhere as it will be helpful in future.
Now, There might be some people who will not have access to the internet. Well, They can visit their nearest Aadhar Office with all the documents required and ask them to make all the necessary changes.
If you cannot reach out to the Aadhar Office, Try calling the Aadhar Card Status Enquiry Phone Number.
If you are any more problems with Aadhar Card Correction & Aadhar Card Update, You can check out the YouTube below!
I hope that this article helped you to update your Aadhar Card with correct details. If you have any questions with your eaadhar card, Be sure to Comment Down below!